GF 3.9 Release Notes
See the download page.
The GF repository on GitHub
is now our master source repository, not just a read-only mirror.
Bug reports and feature requests can be submitted to the
and we also accept pull requests.
Over 200 changes have been pushed to the source repository since
the release of GF 3.8 in June 2016.
GF compiler and run-time library
New features and notable changes
- Support for language-specific depencency configurations (in addition to abstract syntax based ones); see
help vd in the GF shell
- An experimental support for sentence lookup which makes it possible
to find the sentence from the grammar that matches best a set of keywords.
Right now it is usable only with controlled languages since it might be
very innefficient for some grammars.
- A new .NET binding for the GF runtime is available.
- The API in the Java binding is extended and it covers more from
the full functionality of the C runtime.
Changes of interest to compiler developers
- The compiler source code has been updated for compatibility with GHC 8.2.1.
Resource Grammar Library
- New languages:
- Norwegian Nynorsk
- API now usable for incomplete languages via
implemented for Arabic and Latin.
- Punctuation with
SOFT_BIND tokens for a number of languages
- Various fixes for several languages.
- Various fixes in the translation dictionaries.
Apps and Cloud services
- PGF service: support for language-specific depencency configurations in